Monday, October 10, 2011

3D card envelope

So I made a card (scroll down for that post) for LUFP over at Gaby Creates and when I was finished I realized something...there was NO way this card would fit into a normal envelope. So after watching a couple tutorials on how to make a box envelope I decided to venture on my own. So after a couple of trial and errors, this is what I came up with. This box is not sturdy enough to go through the mail.

I used Colorbok card stock, Cricut cart Elegant Edges for the  trim,  my Martha Stewart scoreboard and a piece of pink ribbon. 
This is a side view of the box. I made it 3/4" wide so as not  to squish the flowers on the card.

If you slide the ribbon off, the box top opens and you can see the card inside.

This is a top view of the card inside the box. As you can see the flowers are not smooshed in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and read each one :)